Friday, October 12, 2012

To Natalie, with love from Christie

My yoga mat smells like spitup now,
And Savasana happened in the rocking chair,
But all is strengthened, and stretched, and aligned
Now, thanks to you.

How different life was,

Sixteen weeks ago.
I thought I had everything down
To a science.
Mother, lover, healer of hearts.
Then everything turned on its head,
Thanks to you.

What a powerful force such a small one can be 

To ruin my muscles, my hormones, my roles.
The things that defined me are gone now,
Unrecognizably changed,
Thanks to you. 

I think I believe that I know that one day

I might have it all straightened out
Just a little
And I'll approach the world with sureness
Again, thanks to you.

But for now, my daughter, we'll strive together.

Struggling, uncertain, overwhelmed and confused,
Strengthening, stretching, aligning again 
All of it, thanks to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment